Intersex Campaign for Equality
The Intersex Campaign for Equality is a multi-gendered, multi-orientation, multi-racial NGO working for human rights for intersex people, particularly the rights to bodily integrity, self-determination, legal recognition, and de-pathologization of intersex traits and non-binary identities in medicine and society. We strive to create a world where all intersex people are viewed and treated equally by:
- supporting intersex individuals, including those further marginalized by sexism, homophobia, trans-phobia, gender-variant-phobia and racism, by providing contact with other intersex people, support, information, and resources grounded in feminist, multi-gendered, multi-racial, queer-postive perspectives and values
- advocating for legal protection from discrimination based on intersex status, such as a ban on IGM
- advocating for intersex adults’ right to legal recognition
- providing information concerning the goals of the intersex advocacy community, the needs of intersex individuals, and the actual life experiences of intersex people from diverse communities, to all those working with intersex people;
- assisting families and friends of intersex individuals in their role as allies, and in understanding intersex people and variations.