click to learn more
THE White House LGBT Conference on Health is being held in Philadelphia, today, US time, from 8am on Thursday February 16 2012. Details are below and the conference is being broadcast live at The White House website.
This email confirms your registration for the White House LGBT Conference on Health, next Thursday, February 16th in Philadelphia.
As a reminder, the conference will take place at the Dorrance H. Hamilton Building at Thomas Jefferson University, 1001 Locust Street. Parking is available in the Hamilton Garage, on 11th Street between Locust and Walnut Streets. The entrance is on the right just past Locust Street.
To assist with planning, please reply to this email with the two (2) workshop sessions you are most interested in attending from the following list:
- Health Care Reform: Expanding Access & Coverage
- LGBT Aging
- LGBT Youth
- Transgender Health
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Improving Cultural Competency
- Get Engaged with the Obama Administration: Career & Funding Opportunities
The following is a summary of the day’s program (subject to change):
Doors open and registration begins at 8 AM. The morning program will begin at 9 AM and will feature OPM Director John Berry, a panel of senior HHS officials, Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter, and HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. We will break for lunch (please note: lunch is on your own and will not be provided) from Noon to 1 PM. The afternoon will be comprised of workshops on LGBT health issues and an “Open Space” session in which participants will have the opportunity to identify and organize around other important issues related to LGBT health. The program will conclude around 5:30 PM.
- The White House – An Economy Built to Last and Security for the LGBT Community
- The White House – Announcing the White House LGBT Conference Series
- The White House – Gautam Raghavan, Associate Director of Public Engagement
- The White House – Search on the word “intersex”
- The White House – The Obama Administration’s Commitment to Winning the Future for the LGBT Community
- The White House – WATCH LIVE: White House LGBT Conference on Health
- The White House – White House Conference on LGBT Health